Tuesday 20 July 2010

45.____Sue me, I'm a Politics student.

I hate telling people what degree I'm doing - Politics at Leeds University. The usual reaction is a pained look, followed by a sharp intake of breath and a "Oooo that sounds hard.....?".

So, for all those people who react this way,

1. Yes it is hard, but then aren't degrees supposed to be?
2. Why did I choose it? I'm not completely sure, but I did and I'm loving it.
3. No, genuinely, I don't want to be the next Maggie Thatcher, and thank you for your support, it means a lot that should I ever run you'd vote for me.

I'm not the only one who gets this, I've spoken to a lot of my female friends also doing politics and they get the same reaction, surprisingly the boys dont.

Next time some one asks I'm telling them I do Astrophysics, that really is hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment