Saturday 10 July 2010

35.____Shoes!

It is a truth universally acknowledged that I have a *slight* obsession with shoes and shoe shopping, yes I lust over Louboutins - but who can blame me? They ARE gorgeous! Those red soles signify so much to your average female, they are so much more than a pair of shoes...I've asked for some for my 21st - I think it's fair, I've given 2 years notice!

I'm meant to be sorting out my wardrobe, to my horror The Boyfriend asked if that included shoes, the look on my face was enough for him not to ask again, I think he was a little scared to be honest.

I think that I've found where this tendency came from, I'm very similar in character (and some say in looks) to my mum, and, unfortunately for her, I think she inadvertently set me off. I was 2 when my parents got married, and of course, being the oh so cute little ginger child that I was, I was bridesmaid-in-chief, I was in a gorgeous little cream dress with a blue sash. To go with these, were the most beautiful pair of cream satin shoes.

Mum & Me - my favourite photo of us.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure what my mum was thinking putting me in cream satin shoes, as they didn't stay that cream for that long, being the adventurous child that I was, I went off playing in the garden, and the shoes changed from the pristine state on the picture above to this...


To prove how small they are, here are the shoes next to a ruler, they're less than 15cm long. 



I love them and I love shoes, here's to my mum who introduced me to the world of shoes aged 2. 

I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.
Marilyn Monroe 

1 comment:

  1. Well you have changed a lot since then, but you are still just as cute! The shoes are a little bigger now as well!

    ReplyDelete