Wednesday 10 November 2010

121.___A trip to hospital


Over the past few years I've been to my local hospital more times than I can keep count, I am, what you'd call a sickly child, although I'm not a child anymore, the sickly part has stuck. I've never let any sort of illness stop me doing what I want & achieving what I want to, even if it does go against the medical advice I'm given.

This time though, it's a voluntary trip to hospital, and the subsequent phone call that I received this morning to book my operation... it's strange the phrasing of things, 'booking' an operation sounds incredibly modern and blasé, and yes, in my case it's a very minor key hole procedure it's still strange to think of it that way.

I was inspired to write this post by one that I read on Liberty London Girl about what to pack in an overnight bag, although I (hopefully) will only be in a day, especially as I can walk home from the hospital - I live 500m up the road. I do still need to take supplies... as the operation is on my hand, I'm thinking easy on and off clothes, something a long the lines of a hoodie and tracksuit bottoms? Jeans and buttons will be a nightmare one handed!

I'll let you know how it goes, until then I've got 4 essays to attempt to get done while I still have use of both hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment